A note from the author: In this universe, I have tried to portray an image of what the Bob-Whites could become as they grow. Like real people, they make mistakes and have to deal with the consequences. Also like real life, the consequences of people’s actions may be a long time coming. If you see one of them doing something wrong, be sure that they will pay for it sooner or later!
6 July, 2017: NEW! Mart struggles to deal with some of the consequences of his life choices. A chance discovery helps him on his way. Thunderstruck is now posted.
18 April, 2017: Brian is the most ordered and disciplined Bob-White, but even he is entitled to One Impulsive Act every now and again.
23 May, 2016: Diana is experiencing change in various parts of her life. Endings and Beginnings is now posted.
23 December, 2015: Just a maintenance update with no new stories. I have been working on the timeline and story outlines for this universe, resulting in some changes to the Future Stories section.
22 June, 2015: Mart finds himself in an unexpected situation, which is not entirely to his liking. Endurance is now posted.
If this is your first visit, you might like to know a few things before reading the stories. Most importantly, only some of the books have occured in this universe. All the details are on the Timeline page. I’m updating it as I go to help everyone keep all the dates straight.
If you’ve been here before, the Reminder Page could be helpful to sort out all those pesky details. It does have SPOILERS, though, so don’t go there first. (I have trouble keeping everyone’s universes straight, so I assume that other people do, too.)
And the name of the universe? Well, my father-in-law has a saying, ‘The longest way round is the sweetest way home.’ My husband used to repeat it a lot and it reminds me of the way this universe is heading. (Yes, that was a clue.)
Now, for the stories:
For an explanation of the ratings stars please see the Jix ratings page. Stories marked “Stand alone” can be read without having read the rest, though may contain slight spoilers and will make less sense without having read at least The Secret of the Rose.
Prologue: Do You Remember When . . . Trixie, Honey and Di gather for a special occasion. Written for CWP 5 for Jixemitri. (May 2007) Posted on 6 July, 2003. 2963 words.
1. The Secret of the Rose part two part three: After Jim and Brian finish school the Bob-Whites take on a new project and Trixie delves into Jim’s family history. (June to August 1987) Posted on 25 June, 2003. 21589 words. Stand alone.
2. Miss Bates’ Puzzle: During a trip to Rosewood Hall, Trixie is presented with a problem to solve. (July 1987) Posted on 31 August, 2003. 2396 words. Stand alone.
3. The Broken Years: What happens when the boys leave for college? Trixie’s diary might give us some clues. (September 1987 to May 1990) Posted on 26 September, 2003. 7013 words.
4. The Trouble With Antonia: It’s time to start college. Trixie’s new room-mate is the reluctant participant in a mystery. (September 1990 to February 1991) Posted on 21 October, 2003. 8756 words. Stand alone.
5. Lover’s Knot: Lots of things are happening in the lives of the Bob-Whites. In some ways, relationships are the most mysterious things of all. (October 1991 to February 1992) Posted on 2 December, 2003. 5414 words.
6. Under the Apple Tree: While gardening at Rose Cottage, Celia uncovers a puzzle from the past. (October 1991) Posted on 28 January, 2004. 4373 words. Stand alone.
7. Too Many Changes: A lot has changed in the lives of the Bob-Whites. Can they ever be close again? (September to December 1992) Posted on 19 April, 2004. 5343 words.
8. Falling: Follow Dan as he deals with a number of changes in his life. (February to August 1992) Posted on 24 November, 2004. 10516 words.
9. The Mystery of the Missing Elf: It’s Christmas at Crabapple Farm and a precious heirloom is missing. Join the Beldens for a Christmas celebration and a mystery too. (December 1992) Posted on 17 December, 2003. 4371 words. Stand alone.
10. Ourobouros: Di’s plans are made and everything is set in motion, but not everyone is co-operating. Could this be the end for the Bob-Whites? (December 1992 to January 1993) Posted on 6 January, 2005. 10491 words. Rated purple star for sensitive subjects. Also contains mild adult language and themes. Please email me if you need information before reading.
11. The Ends of the Earth: A journey of discovery for one of the Bob-Whites. (January 1993 to January 1994) Posted on 4 February, 2005. 6201 words.
12. Growth Rings: Trixie and Jim encounter storm damage, career moves and milestones in their developing relationship. Posted on 24 August, 2005. 17247 words. Rated a strong yellow star for adult situations.
13. Mystery in the Mail: Trixie tries to build on the knowledge gained in Under the Apple Tree, but someone is trying to keep secrets from her. Posted on 30 March, 2005. 8171 words. Stand alone. Rated purple star for some violence, though it is not graphic, and a character death.
14. Seven Weeks: Helen Belden has a difficult seven weeks. (February to April, 1994) Posted on 29 July, 2006. 3594 words.
15. The Music Box: While honeymooning at Easthampton, Trixie discovers a little mystery to keep her occupied. (April, 1994) Posted on 9 October, 2006. 2649 words. Stand alone.
16. Inside Information: Do you remember the Bob-Whites as old friends? Well, Dan remembers you, and is here to fill you in on all of the dirt and get you up to speed before the next story! (early 1995) Posted on 14 September, 2007. 2044 words.
17. Tell Me a Secret page 1 page 2 page 3: It’s reunion time again, this time at Manor House. Dangerous secrets are lurking in this safe and familiar setting. (December 1994/January 1995) Posted on 27 September, 2007. 28,529 words.
18. Genesis: As her life is turned upside down, Diana makes some new beginnings. (October 1994 to July 1995) Posted on 15 October, 2007. 8,896 words.
19. The Broken Window part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4: Strange noises, lantern light, a broken window. Trixie knows something is wrong. (May 1995) Part one posted on 17 June, 2008. 6,103 words. Part two posted 23 July, 2008. 4,480 words. Part three posted 10 September, 2008. 3,895 words. Part four posted 24 September, 2008. 3,573 words. Completed.
20. Fascination: part 1 part 2 part 3 part 4 She put a spell on him. Can he handle it? (February 1995 to February 1996) Part one posted on 26 April, 2010. 3,035 words. Part two posted 5 May, 2010. 4,939 words. Part three posted 12 May, 2010. 3,278 words. Part four posted 19 May, 2010. 4,365 words. Completed.
21. Winter’s Approach: part 1 part 2 part 3 part 4 part 5 As Honey starts to institute some changes in her life with Dan, a mystery comes to light that links to his past.(September 1995 onwards) Part one posted on 26 May, 2011. 4,049 words. Part two posted on 2 June, 2011. 4,949 words. Part three posted on 9 June, 2011. 5,619 words. Part four posted on 16 June, 2011. 3,577 words. Part five posted on 23 June, 2011. 5,389 words. Completed.
22. Entanglement: part 1 part 2 part 3 Two Bob-Whites, once romantically linked, now leading separate lives. The next parts of Mart’s and Diana’s stories begin to unfold. (February to July, 1996) Part one posted on 6 June, 2012. 5,299 words. Part two posted on 13 June, 2012. 3,837 words. Part three posted on 19 June, 2012. 3,180 words. Completed.
23. Responsible: Bobby longs for freedom, but his way of trying to get it leaves something to be desired. (August, 1996) A CWE#5 for Jixemitri. Posted on 1 May, 2013. 9,099 words. Completed.
24. Echoes: part 1 part 2 part 3 part 4 part 5 part 6 As Bobby, Larry and Terry try to move on from their last escapade, they uncover a puzzle for Trixie to solve.(September 1996 to mid 1997) A CWE#7 for Jixemitri. Part one posted on 12 May, 2014. 5,595 words. Part two posted on 16 May, 2014. 5,920 words. Part three posted on 21 May, 2014. 4,059 words. Part four posted on 26 May, 2014. 6,041 words. Part five posted on 28 May, 2014. 3,527 words. Part six posted on 31 May, 2014. 3,827 words. Completed.
25. Endurance: Mart finds himself in an expected situation, which is not entirely to his liking. (May to June 1997) A CWE#11 for Jixemitri. Posted on 22 June, 2015. 5,496 words. Completed.
26. Endings and Beginnings: Diana is experiencing a time of change, in various parts of her life. (August to October 1997) Posted on 23 May, 2016. 4,914 words. Completed.
NEW! 27. One Impulsive Act: Brian proves that he is not always boring. (October 1997) Posted on 18 April, 2017. 2,764 words. Completed.
NEW! 28. Thunderstruck: While Mart struggles to deal with the consequences of his life choices, a chance find throws a different light the situation. (January 1998) Posted on 6 July, 2017. 4,560 words, plus a 159 word quote. Completed.
Coming Soon(ish)! 29. Better Every Day: Some loves leave us star-struck, while others grow slowly.
30. The Crooked Path: Dan finds himself in a difficult situation.
31. Set Adrift: The next part of Bobby’s story.
32. Epic: A trip, a happy event . . . and a little bit of trouble.
33. A New Day Dawns: A shock discovery throws Trixie for a loop.
34. The Sign: While doing research for a story, Honey inadvertently puts herself in danger.
35. Inheritance: A chance occurence causes problems for the Fraynes.
36. (as yet untitled): Helen and Peter Belden travel over Christmas to visit one of their far-flung offspring.
37. Reboot: For one couple, their differences are becoming too much. Will they be able to patch things up, or is this the end?
(Some titles, numbers and descriptions may change.)
Questions? Comments? Just want someone to talk to? Feel free to email me! I’d love to hear from you.
Last updated 6 July, 2017.
Please note: Trixie Belden is a registered trademark of Random House Publishing. This site is in no way associated with Random House and no profit is being made from these pages.